16 June 2012

Life Lessons from the Arts


Not everyone knows my background in the arts.


Over the course of my life I have:
  • Danced several forms of dance
  • Participated in color guard
  • Played flute...
  • Guitar...
  • Piano...
  • Sang
  • Taken classes for oil and pastel painting
  • Figure skated
  • Went to drama camp
And, of course, going to plays, ballets, operas, musicals, poetry readings, and just about every other type of performance there is.

While reading online, I found this article:

Things I've Learned From the Arts


Which I can say, is pretty dead on for life lessons, not just training in the arts. I figured I'd share it with everyone. Here are my favorites taken from the list:
1. Chasing your dreams is scary, but not chasing them is scarier.
3. When you think something is impossible, try anyway. You might surprise yourself.
5. "Nobody enjoys setting themselves on fire, but when it comes to being passionate about something, it seems like a metaphorical given."
7. If you don't know what to do, just do something.
9. Pour your whole heart into the things you love.
14. You can make the world beautiful.
17. Push yourself. Be uncomfortable.
22. Don't wait for inspiration to hit you. Go out and find it.
24. You don't have to know what you're doing. "Passionate people who don't have it all together change the world."
26. It's okay to be afraid, but don't let it cripple you.
27. Life is exciting and beautiful. Live it.
29. Have fun.
30. Make mistakes.
33. Your vision is endless.
34. Believe in your
self.
35. Never give up.






post signature

No comments: