07 October 2012

Rose in the Wintertime

Tonight was Preference -- the last night of Formal Recruitment and, in my opinion, the most magical night. It's a time to put aside the chants and fun songs and cute outfits and give a glimpse of our Ritual to those who choose to walk through our door and giving them a chance to possibly join our sisterhood.

While I was sitting in the back, listening to the chapter singing, I reflected on my own time through Preference and one of the songs we sing.

Bring me a rose in the wintertime, when it's hard to find. Bring me a rose in the wintertime, I've got roses on my mind.
For a rose is sweet, most anytime and yet, bring me a rose in the wintertime, how easy we forget.

Bring me a friend when I'm all alone, when it's hard to find. Bring me a friend when I'm all alone, I've got friendship on my mind.
For a friend is sweet, most anytime and yet, bring me a  friend when I'm all alone, how easy we forget.


Bring me love here in AOII, when there's none around. Bring me love here in AOII I've got love on my mind.
For love is sweet, most anytime any yet, bring me love here in AOII, how easy we forget.



I was having rough thoughts during work and feeling really lonely and a little angry. Then I went to the AOII house and spent time with my sisters.


I'm really glad I told Riley J that he couldn't go to a school that didn't have an AOII chapter; and whether he made his decisions on accident or with divine interference, I'll never know, but I do know this:

I don't know what I would do without the women of Alpha Omicron Pi.

No matter where I am, I will always have my sisters. I can always "find a red door" and find myself home.

I can see the decor, with a picture of our Founding Sisters: Stella, Bess, Helen, and Jess and look at the familiar letters on the wall and know that my sisters are there.

It's always hard while in college. Everyone has a "fed up" period of time where they're just done and never want anything to do with it again. We even have those days outside of college in the "real world".


We can always go back home to our sweet Ritual. We always have our sisters.

post signature

No comments: