26 January 2013

No place like home



I was born and raised in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I recently took a short trip back to care for my mom for a few days. I hadn't been home for over two years.

Nothing too serious to really worry about, but she did need my help and I didn't have time to visit anyone else, which is why I kept it quiet. I apologize to anyone that I wasn't able to visit. I miss you a lot and wish I could've visited.

On the way there, I had a same-plane stop in Phoenix and the pilot let me sit in his seat and he took a picture.



We also flew right over the Grand Canyon and past Flagstaff, of which I got aerial views, but crappy pictures. I lived in Flagstaff for four years, so seeing the terrain and landing in Phoenix was a lot of fun.

You can see the actual canyon near the top of the picture if you look hard enough. Sorry, iPhone cameras do not have great resolution.


While I was in Albuquerque, I was saddened to hear of yet another shooting, also involving children, this time in my neighborhood, with people I didn't personally know well, but knew of.


Thankfully the shooter didn't carry out his complete plans to shoot up the Walmart down the road from my house, but it's still a tragedy. My neighborhood is mourning both the deaths of the Griegos family and Nehemiah. The funeral for the victims was yesterday. Please keep the surviving Griegos family and the community in your thoughts and prayers.

To find out what you can do to stop gun violence in the United States, please visit http://www.demandaplan.org/ and follow Demand A Plan on Facebook and Twitter.



On a happier note, I helped with my mom's two Shar Pei puppies that are only 3 weeks old. They're completely adorable. They took their first (wiggly, wobbly) steps while I was there.




We walked around Old Town Albuquerque a little bit as well.






A few months back this girl was sick and we thought the worst. I was really happy to see her. She's shy when it comes to pictures.



It was really hard to leave. I wish I could've stayed a little longer and visited friends and other family members, including my sister. Hopefully I can scrape together some money and time off and realize those plans soon.



post signature

No comments: