14 January 2013

The Liebster Award

I was surprised when I got a comment from Jenn over at Hello. Guten Tag. (love that title) that she had nominated me for the Liebster Award!

A few things about the Liebster Award: 


It's an award for bloggers, by bloggers to recognize blogs with under 200 followers in efforts to get to know new members of the blogger community. 


I had no idea blogs could win awards to be honest...but this is pretty cool.  


Rules for those nominated:


1. You must post 11 things about yourself. This about getting to know each other!
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you. Answer honestly!
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate. Be creative!
4. Choose 11 new blogs to nominate & link them in your post. Sharing is caring!
5. Please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster award so I can learn more about YOU! Blogging 101: Always link back

Random facts about me


I'm a sports nut
I can speak/understand 5 languages
I've lived in 3 states
My favorite color is pink
I'm slightly addicted to coffee
Heaven would consist of 50% books and 50% musicals
I love the cold; hate the heat
I really like smiling! (Like Buddy the Elf, smiling's my favorite)
I can quote Mean Girls all day, everyday
I'm a vegetarian
I drive a pink scooter

Jenn's questions for me:

Do you like to do your nails , if so what colours do you mainly use?
I don't have the patience to do my own nails. I'm pretty terrible at waiting. But when I do them, or get them done, I usually only do French tip since it goes with everything.

Are you studying anything at the moment?
Not formally, but I do try to maintain my languages, so I study those [[nerd alert]]

Do you play any sports?
I did. As a kid I played every sport under the sun, volleyball in high school, and rugby in college. I don't have the schedule to accomodate practices right now, unfortunately, but I'd love to get involved with another rugby league.

On a lazy day what is your favourite thing to do?
Sleep!!

What is your favorite smell?
Books: old, new, used, and all those in between.

What kind of cell phone do you have, would you change it?
I have an iPhone 4. I had a piece of crap before and after it broke four times, I decided to bite the bullet and get the iPhone. I haven't had a problem since.

Night or day person?
I'm a total night person. But I'm trying to be a day person.

Coke or Pepsi?
On the rare occassion I drink pop, I prefer Coke.

If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
I'm working on this, but I'm trying to stop getting upset over things out of my control. And if they are within my control, do something about it.

Dogs or cats?
Both! I'm a petsitter :o)

Are you a hockey fan? If so, what are your thoughts on the NHL lock out?
I am (go Avs!). I think it was a little selfish of them to hold up the league and fans for so long over money.


My questions for the nominees (and any readers who feel like answering):

1) When and why did you start blogging?
2) Your house is on fire. Besides living creatures, what do you grab?
3) What is your favorite movie and why?
4) What are your purse/wallet essentials?
5) If you won a trip to the location of your choice all expenses paid, where would you go?
6) What is your essential kitchen gadget?
7) Do you have a weird quirk that defines you? If so, what is it?
8) Who is your celebrity crush?
9) What is your worst fear?
10) What do you do to calm yourself when you're upset?
11) What is your favorite holiday and why?



And now for the nominees...

Cate Gets Fit

Streetlights to Stars

Confessions of an Anne Boleyn Addict

Jessica Nan

XO Christine Marie




Not So Simply, Abby

wanderings of miss dane

Mom in Training

Race & Emma


Congratulations to all those nominated!
post signature

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks girl! I am extremely honored! I'll be adding my Liebster Award post today.. Stay tuned!

Unknown said...

I love the answers! I'm a big hockey. Fan!

Anonymous said...

Mine is up! http://www.notsosimplyabby.blogspot.com

Thanks again! SO flattered!

Anonymous said...

notsosimplyabby.blogspot.com

^^Mine is up! Thanks again for the nom, I am quite flattered!