06 July 2013

An Open Letter to Heartbreak



Dear Heartbreak,

Here we meet again. This time you've hit me pretty hard. The superglue holding my shattered heart together has finally decayed and my heart now lies in pieces on the floor waiting for me to pick them up. Maybe I will clean it all up soon, but for now, I'm just going to sit on my couch and cry myself to sleep over the life that I've just ended.

It's just me and you now, Heartbreak. I'll look at you and the memories that I'll take with me from the recent past and try to stay strong. The pieces of my heart glitter on the floor -- mockingly -- because you won't leave me and I won't sweep them up and get out the super glue again.

Before, I relied on guys to do that. Now I have to do it on my own because apparently they never did it right. Maybe I should've micromanaged that, but shoulda woulda coulda won't do me any good right now...

Heartbreak, we can't keep meeting like this. I've known you all my life and you've been nothing but a frenemy and a teacher over the years. It's never nice to see you, but you've become a familiar face I can't avoid.

This time I'm hoping you'll guide me through this time and sweep up the glass shards under the rug for me so I never have to see you again.

Best regards,


post signature

No comments: