07 October 2013

Non-financial updates


I had a reader/friend ask me what I've been up to other than financial stuff (and work). Valid question and I was actually in the process of preparing something along those lines:

FURNITURE 

You mean I can't just live with a bed and a bookshelf? Darn.

I am currently in the process of figuring out logistics for building my own furniture, which means acquiring a sander, drill, and a workbench before I can gather materials to build.

First up will be a dining room table (and chairs). Since I don't have a TV (so a couch is pointlessly random) and there is nowhere but the floor to sit and eat, I figured it would be a good idea to have the table first.

I'll post updates on all the projects I do. Check out my Pinterest boards to see what I have planned for my apartment.

MEALS

Eating pizza 6 times a week has not been good to me, though commuting by bike has kept the fat at bay.

I'm not a big fan of "Tuesday night is spaghetti night" meal planning. I think that's boring and too constricting. What if I don't want spaghetti that night??

With my budget, I need to plan my meals for the month, so I put together a menu of meals or snacks I can choose from when I'm hungry, much like a restaurant. The challenge is preparing meals for the week beforehand so I can grab and go.

I won't bore you with the details of what I eat. Everyone's different and likes/needs different things.

EXERCISE 

I'm not what I call a super active person, but I've found that exercise is the cheapest and best therapy for keeping my mental health in check, especially with the crap life flings at me. It also gives me a super hot body, which doesn't hurt one bit.

I've started running again. Let me tell you: I am not one of those runners who can run forever. I tend to appreciate my runs after I'm finished (you know, after I've been whining to myself the entire time).

I decided to do a 5k training program through RunKeeper.com, even though I probably won't be running a 5k.

It's a lot easier for me to keep motivation when the website has it already planned out and I can work my run into my schedule. Feel free to add me on RunKeeper.

I already commute by bike almost everywhere and usually get at least 2 miles in a day, so I'm getting a ton of cardio. I'm doing a 30 day squat challenge to tone my lower half and core.

30 Day Squats Fitness Challenge Chart


SPIRITUALITY

I'm a fairly private person when it comes to this subject, but I do yoga and meditate a few times a week. I do some spiritual reading sometimes, depending on my mood, but yoga and meditation are the core of my spiritual life.

EDUCATION

I'm hoping to get back on track with my language maintenance. I'm hoping to start a month-long intensive for each of the languages I know (ASL, French, German, and Spanish). I just need to get organized on how I want to do it (and I'll need internet).

I also do Luminosity brain exercises. They're fun, challenging, and quick.


What goals or activities have you been working on?




post signature

No comments: