03 December 2013

30 (Holi)Day Shred


Since I ran the Jingle Bell 5k last month, I've been looking for a way to knock off a few inches and build some muscle.

Bonus points if it's free and doesn't make me go outside during this cold snap: 19 degree highs with wind. No thanks. Not with my lack of winter wear. I won't go running until I can get the gear I need to prevent frostbite. Fingers crossed that there's a big check in the drawer at work for me on the 5th.

I've done Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred before (I've never finished the entire program), and it is TOUGH. Taking one look at the before/after pictures I find on Google Search is enough to get me signed up though. I'm determined to finish the 30 days.

Today was Day 2. I woke up sore and, after giving it a little more than I did yesterday, I'm sure I won't be able to sit without wincing tomorrow. Jill knows how to work the body, which I'm okay with.

Hopefully this keeps off all the extra holiday pounds I've yet to indulge in. MyFitnessPal keeps me in check on my snacking (the bane of my waistline).

Corduroy (my cat) isn't too pleased about my new fitness regimen though. I'm sure he'd rather snuggle and watch New Girl instead.






post signature

No comments: